Who Should Attend
Retail Senior and Middle Management including:
- Senior Operations Managers
- Senior Buyers and Merchandisers
- Marketing Managers
- HR Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Product Heads and Managers
- GMs and VPs in all departments
- Regional Heads and Area Managers
- Retail Entrepreneurs
- Franchisees and franchise managers
- Other Retail mid-level managers
- Family-owned retail company managers
Managing Staff Performance - A Leadership Workshop designed for Retailers
At the end of this 2 day session (through practical application of the theory and principles), you will be able to:
Complete Program Schedule
- Identify causes of performance and/ or behaviour problems and understand how managers sometimes unwittingly contribute to their occurrence
- Understand how a manager can impact staff motivation/ engagement
- Relate relevant theories of motivation to your research project and discuss the implications for you as a leader and your business
- State how effective interpersonal communication affects our relationships and sense of 'connection' with others
- Demonstrate active listening skills
- Communicate more effectively by:
- Avoiding the '5 deadly sins' of non-listening
- Using active listening to ensure meaningful two-way discussions and secure individuals' commitment
- Clearly communicate performance and behaviour expectations and standards through simple conversations, so staff do what you want them to!
- Clearly communicate performance and behaviour expectations and standards with new and existing staff (if you need to 'raise the bar')
- Identify what effective feedback is; give positive feedback where it is due to maintain high motivation levels; as well as give corrective/ developmental feedback when someone’s performance is off track or behaviour is inappropriate
- Turn potential conflict situations with difficult staff into positive interactions through:
- Awareness of own (and others') natural emotional responses
- Application of simple techniques and language to maintain control and promote logical discussion
- Create an action plan documenting the changes you need to make in your role to increase staff motivation; as well as any support you might need to achieve these results
Elaine McMeeking is an
internationally acclaimed management training expert with over twenty five years of experience in Retail Learning and Development. She has trained several
international retailers including Woolworths (Dick Smith Electronics), Westfield Shopping Malls, Hypercity India, FoodStuffs, Urban Loft and Co-op Bookshop,
in the areas of leadership, management development and coaching and performance management. Through her previous workshops in India, she has trained employees from Future Group, Shoppers Stop, Reliance Retail, Lifestyle, Titan, Arvind, Nokia, Croma, Benetton, Asian Paints, L'Oreal and Godrej
among several others. Elaine's enviable achievements and international experience as a management-training specialist is complemented by her friendly and open style. With an obvious talent for facilitation, her well known professionalism and her knowledge and understanding of the topic, you can count on a practical and results-focused course.
This is a very practical course. Top and Middle Management will leave with many ideas to implement on the job and become better leaders.
"The program has been well received by both Buying and Merchandising and Operations and we have additionally rolled the same out to support functions as well. We are extremely happy with the program design and the results it has achieved for our organization."
"This should help in making each manager a better leader. Very critical and important in these trying times. Will be looking forward to much more new things in the future."
"Excellent program. Sessions on feedback and leadership were great. It was presented in a very logical way."
Fee: Rs 11,999 + 10.3% service tax
RAI Members Fee: Rs 10,999 + 10.3% service tax
Book for 6 delegates for Rs 60,000 + service tax!